Saturday, May 9, 2009

THE Box

I picked up this beat up old box at a flea market for $0.50. It had cubby-holes, I had to have it! As it was just junky scrap wood, sanding & staining it was out of the question. So I decided to paint it. I went to the craft store, stocked up on various colors of paint, and set to it. I had absolutely no plan what so ever for a design. I just started painting. I did the two rows of checkers on the top first. Then, hmmm, it needs some red, so I added the red border. And so it went, just randomly adding color sections until it was done. So, if you're wondering why it looks like a cross between a checker board and a dart board and a baseball field, that's why. It sort of painted itself with no advance planning from me.
THE Box
Open BoxI'm not sure what possessed me to try a stain-glassed look on the inside lid, but it was fun to do. And took lots of tape. The cubby-holes, I alternated black and color.

This was my first painting project of this sort and it's how I discovered how much I enjoy "puttering with paint". $0.50 and some new paint went a long way ...

No comments: