Sunday, January 29, 2012

Serendipity

A year or so ago I received a pretty set of polymer clay tiles from my AuntM. I dressed them up a bit by adding a layer of gold clay to the backs, painting the edges with metallic blue acrylic paint, and sealing the top and edges with Sculpey glaze. Now what to do with them? After stumbling onto some turquoise cube beads, I knew. But while I could see the finished bracelet in my head, I no idea on how to put it together. So the tiles and beads made their way back to AuntM and a bit later they show back up in my mailbox as a finished bracelet - exactly the one I had envisioned. Go figure!
tiles 1tiles 2
A month or two ago I decided I needed to start using up some of the supplies I had on hand to make some actual finished pieces. Plus I was in the mood to work on my wiring skills, a mood that lasted a few weeks and produced several bracelets, necklaces, and even a pair of earrings. This is one of the bracelets.
triple 1triple 2
A few days ago I happened to be wearing the tile bracelet while looking through my "things I've made but haven't decided what to do with yet" box and HUH! Look at that!
set 1set 2
Don't they look fabulous worn together? I love it! A one-of-a-kind "set" that was totally unplanned.

5 comments:

MoeArt said...

YES! They look FAB together! WTG, Niece!

And, your AuntyM is just terrific, isn't she? heeeee. xoxoxoxoxox

Michele said...

Good colors. I especially like the one with flat tiles. There's sort of a metallic sheen. Very nice.

Knightwork Studio said...

You should "unplan" more sets like that, they are fantastic together. I may have to steal that idea. Beej

Softailrider1 said...

Of course the bracelet finished by AuntyM is just as you had envisioned it. "Great minds often seek a similiar path" . . . Especially when they are both talented, terrific, and incomparably creative.

Jackie said...

They look so fab together, oh my gosh! I would wear them every single day. Good calls by AuntM and you, both!

Jackie