Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Helping Hearts 2011

My latest project, now complete: 100 polymer clay hearts, approx, 1.5 x 1.5 inches, made and sold to help raise money for the American Cancer Society.
You can visit my photo gallery HERE to see all of the actual hearts.

100 Tagged & Bagged

This year I decided to put the logo of "my" Relay For Life team on the backs of all of them, using liquid clay and an image transfer technique. I had more trouble with that then I counted on, almost gave up the idea, but stuck it out and worked it out and think they came out fabulous if I do say so myself. :)

image transfer logo

I also decided to use several different colors for the awareness ribbons this year, instead of just periwinkle. The different colors were a success as it turns out everyone has their "pet" cause that means something to them, and they want the color to show it.

clay awareness ribbons

My regular readers (HAHA!) might remember that I posted a while back about my experiences thus far with image transfers. Well, after many more fits and starts I finally worked out something that worked for me for this particular project. I'll be posting soon about how I ended up doing it, mostly so I don't forget myself. ;)

For now, I'm off to practice more on making wire loopdeloops.

6 comments:

MoeArt said...

You're an artist, you're an artist, hahahahahahaaha! The hearts are art, and YOU did it! Pats on the back! Be proud! GREAT job!! Artist. :D

Softailrider1 said...

We admire your perseverance as much as your creativity. And remember . . . artists do not necessarily have to starve.

Adrianne said...

Really nice work! Glad the oven survived ;)

Michele said...

They look great! I have about 20 favorites. :) I'm impressed by the amount of work you put into the hearts.

Its All About Creating said...

I am so impressed with your hearts. Even down to the packaging. Every detail has attention. Awesome work.-Marlene Brady

AlmondJoy said...

Thankyou, Marlene!